GAFia Candy Swap Holiday Season 2016 Nov 13, 2016 9:00:49 GMT -8
Post by nin1000 on Nov 13, 2016 9:00:49 GMT -8
Hello Fellow GAFia members,
i was playing with this idea of revieving the old Candy swap threads over at NeoGaf for quite some time but never really had the time to do it.
But i think this year will finally the time i can put in some work into this.
So here we go !
Welcome to the very first GAFia Candy Swap , THE place to swap Candy. But, why limit it to just Candy when you can swap other sweet things too? I'm talking about Candy, Cookies/Biscuits, Pastries, Chips/Crisps, Soft Drinks, anything you want !
Of course the purpose is to organize swapping of sweets between members from different countries so that we may all experience the sweets that another has to offer.
If you're interested, continue reading for information on when/how to register, rules, tips and links.
When to register:
- I will post a banner in this thread stating that registrations are open.
- Registration will run for 3 weeks.
- After the 3 weeks have passed, I will post another banner stating that registrations are closed.
- Registration posts outside the banners will not be considered for the current swap.
Who can register:
- Gafia Members
- Acquaintances of our Gafia members
If a GAFia member's acquaintance wishes to be included. The GAFia member will post their registration information. The GAFia member will be their "sponsor" and will be responsible for ensuring their acquaintance follows through with the swap.
How to register:
During this time, post the following information in the thread:
- GAFia username
- Country of residence
- 2 countries you would like to swap with
- Things you like
- Things you dislike, cannot have or allergic to
- The second post in this thread is reserved to list participants/pairs for the current swap.
- After the Registration Closed banner has been posted, I will begin pairing NeoGAF members.
- Private Messages will be sent out to members as they are paired with one another. The second post will be updated with pairs.
- I will pair members based on registration date/time and preference as best as I can.
Eg. Poster 1 is from U.S. and wants to swap with Germany. Poster 2 is from Germany and wants to swap with China. Poster 3 is from Germany and wants to swap with U.S. Posters 1 and 3 would be paired.
I will do my best not to, but as it works out, you may end up sawpping with someone from your own country.
- After pairing is complete, I will post another banner stating the date to which your packages must be shipped by.
- This date will be 2 weeks from when pairing is complete.
What to send:
- Anything that you and your partner decide, taking into account the following guidelines.
- No homemade items. For safety. I trust that GAfia members wouldn't do anything malicious to items sent to another member, but it's better to not allow the chance.
- Sweets need to be legitimate. Sweets can be from a specialty shop as long as it is packaged properly.
- The sweets should be packaged properly. Individually wrapped or still sealed from the purchase.
How much to send:
- I suggest a minimum of $20. Anything less and it would most likely cost more than to ship it than the actual contents.
- I'll leave it up to you and your partner if you wish increase the limit.
U.S. Postal Service Shipping Calculator
UPS Shipping Calculator
FedEx Shipping Calculator
DHL SHIPPING German prices
Australian Shipping Calculator