I'd love to know if Crab fucking up his role claim was deliberate or not
Deliberate. I could have had a go at maybe trying to swing the lynch, but it would have been enormous effort and I'd have needed the rest of scum team to back me, which obviously has enormous repercussions if it then doesn't work. I gave myself maybe 60% odds of winning to 40% of not being successful and then that just causing all of scum to fold, and thought "meh". Instead I decided to give them a really safe way to bus me and brought the day to an end as quickly as possible to prevent discussion or the rest of scum team having to produce any more potentially incriminating material than necessary. Fake scumslips like that one are good because people can miss them for ages and your partners can get massive townpoints for bringing them up even though they should be obvious.
Don't think I played especially badly, but sometimes once you get suspicion even from just a random off-post on D1, you can't reasonably shift it and I thought it'd just be safer to cut losses.
It really is. Terrible luck for town, especially wasting the cop on the SK too and hitting the mason early. Everything that could have gone wrong, did. I'd be incredibly impressed if town won from this point, they have a real up-hill struggle ahead.
Town tunnelled superhard this game. You're lucky I actually was scum, because if I hadn't been, you'd have had absolutely nothing to work with. Most people have gone largely undiscussed. Nobody's really given Czar a proper consideration since D1, for example. I mean, some of that's not your fault - I threw D3 and hammed up D2 a bit to keep all the attention, and kyan's gambit ate up tonnes of time for absolutely no gain and was a godsend for scum - but in general I think there was a failure to explore proper alternatives.