So let's get the big elephant out of the way first: I haven't been playing scum since 2010, and never in a game that is played on english (obviously not counting LIVE-mafia's in discord). That might mean I'll be little rusty, but eh, this game is on the experimental side, and lot of this will be reliant on what the town decides to do during night, which we might not have any way to actually impact on.
Some general rules I always try remind myself on while playing as a scum. You have more Gafia Scum experience than me, so this stuff might be basically worthless, but I'll write these up anyway.
1. All Mafia games are basically vacuums that trap the town players inside their head. None of the town members know for sure who to trust, who is town and who is not. However, Scum is not limited by this, we definitely know who is town and who is not. This is both a blessing and a curse in many ways.
2. If someone is suspicious of you in the game, DO NOT PANIC. Remember that the town is never sure about their suspicions, due to the vacuum. You only think you are doomed, because you know they are right with their accusations. But town is a fickle beast, they become paranoid and self-doubting very easily. If people get suspicious of you, don't get emotional with your posts, try to be as rational and reasonable with your defences as possible.
3. Don't be scared of posting. This is related to the vacuum thing, scum tends to be scared of posting due to accidentally slipping up some sort inconsistensies that make them look bad/make them connected to their scum partners. Instead of doing that though, just post your thoughts in the game, try to be as contributive as possible. Well, remembering your Woof2 performance, I doubt this will be a problem, haha.
4. This might be be bit more controversial, but I tend to try to post in the game while trying to forget who my scum partners are, but this is bit harder to pull off.
5. Don't be afraid of bussing me. If you think I did something suspicious, call me out of it and possibly even vote. This doesn't mean you have to fabricate suspicion against me. Just do what comes naturally.
Weak Doctor dies if it targets a Mafia Goon (and isn't protected themself)
=This is a net + for us, especially since I doubt that town is going to reveal who they are going to target before-hand. If we would decide on that, things would get a little bit more dangerous.
CPR Doctor saves their target from a nightkill, but if the player isn't actually targeted for a nightkill, the CPR Doctor kills them instead.
= See Quack Doctor.
Paranoid Doctor is the functional equivalent of a Jailkeeper
= Definitely one of the most dangerous powers from our POV, but it's not too bad. If Jailkeeper survives to endgame, our kills might get blocked, which is not favorable situation. However, they can also block Quack and CPR doctor, so that's also beneficial for us.
Quack Doctor kills their target instead of protecting them, the functional equivalent of a Vigilante
= A double-edged sword. At best case scenario Quack can really help us to reach our needed majority. However, if he kills us, that's too bad.
Naive Doctor does nothing at all
= This is definitely the role that is most beneficial for us in the long run. The easiest Doctor we can fabricate on being.
Ordinary Doctor is exactly as you expect
= With so many Killing Abilities on the game, the power can be alright for us.
Nurse gains the ability of the first dead Doctor. If there are multiple dead Doctors, an ability will be chosen at random.
I think town will at least consider everyone revealing their targets before the day end. I was actually considering raising the topic to get on their good side. I think being careful with night kills is the best way to try to throw this one off.
Jailkeeper should have no way of figuring out who they are, at least not easily. We might lose a kill but town shouldn't get too much information from them.
Quack and CPR are the biggest risks for us, since even playing townie might not be enough to avoid them. For that reason I wouldn't want to overly depend on bussing. At least not unless they figure themselves out.
Yeah, that's for sure. CPR and Quack might be able to prove themselves as well.
I'm wondering if the best tactic for town is to reveal their targets before the night, or after the night. If targets are told before night, that would potentially give us leeway by making it more likely that CPR kills during the night. However, revealing afterwards could help scum realise who real doctor is.
The only way town can get any information from a weak doctor is if they claim their target beforehand. Breadcrumbing won't work when nobody knows their own role, and since town has no other investigative roles, I think claiming actions beforehand is the optimum play for them.
And yeah, town has all the power roles, and we're both vanilla.
Everyone targeting the same person should cause nothing to happen I think. The real doctor will cancel out the killing roles. Unless the person is scum, in which case the weak doctor(s) will die. So if there's multiple deaths, town could reasonably conclude that the target is scum.
Anyway, since nobody flips their power, I agree that we shouldn't rely on bussing. The most dangerous phase will be definitely in N1. Everyone will most likely target someone based on who they think is most likely town... but that also means that they might end up killing their top town by accident. So in a sense obtaining lot of town credit might be dangerous, but obviously being suspicious is a no-no either.
Obviously best case scenario would be that nobody would target us, but that is not very likely.
So we're just RNGing whether we took an action or not? Somehow I feel like there will be more than 50% taking an action tonight, and from skimming over past games on mafiascum, more often than not, scum dies night 1. Although those games spend almost no time discussing mechanics.
I guess I stand out more due to inactivity for the later part of the day. So maybe better for you to take the kill?